Thursday, April 6, 2017

Legends of Tomorrow - Season 2

Image Source
The second season of Legends of Tomorrow just finished, so I figured what better time to talk about it. This season picks up pretty much where the first season left off. One thing I will say about Legends of Tomorrow is that I like the way they balance the team aspect a little bit more compared to Arrow and, to a lesser extent, The Flash. I have the cast props because they've almost all played these characters for several years. For the most part, the actors feel comfortable in their roles. Effects from the other shows bleed into this season. My favorite aspect of this is shown through the character of Sara Lance. She is sort of thrust into a new place this season (and I personally really liked what they did with her character). She had a lot of inner troubles that she was fored to deal with this season, and I loved that. There were two new legends thrown into the mix this season. I had mixed reactions to them, to say the least. First, there was Nate Heywood / Citizen Steel. He was a character that I warmed up to almost immediately. He was another good-looking nerdy guy (similar to Ray). But, I don't think he was a carbon copy either. I think he was different and rounded enough to stand out. On the other hand, there was Amaya Jiwe / Vixen. It took me a little while to warm up to her. Part of this came from the fact that there was already an established version of the character running around (a version I personally feel was superior). The villains this season were the Legion of Doom. They were pretty damn entertaining to me.I kind of like that they shake things up a little bit each season with the show. They'll introduce characters, give established characters something of an exit. Usually they'll do it with the possibility that the leaving characters could potentially return, if the desire is there. As with most things dealing with time travel, there were some plot holes that probably could've been smoothed over a little bit better than they were. For the most part, this season felt kind of on par with the first season. It's not perfect, but it's still pretty fun.

B     

No comments:

Post a Comment