Friday, September 29, 2017

Sharknado 5: Global Swarming

image source
Sharknado 5 is exactly what you expect it to be. This is a god-awful movie, and I kind of love it. The acting is atrocious on just about every level possible. Ian Ziering and Cassie Scerbo probably come the closest to being hallway decent. I can’t quite call them “good” per se, but they’re close to it. Tara Reid is about as bad you’d expect her to be (and I actually find it hilarious that they’re still expecting me to buy her as a superhero figure). What I will say is this; she’s far from the worst performer in the movie. I can also say the same thing about Dolph Lundgren. He’s not in the movie all that much, but is one of the few welcomed presences. The worst performers in the movie are easily Chris Kattan and Billy Barratt. From the get-go, Kattan’s hilariously bad English accent is off-putting. Billy Barratt plays Gil, the son of Ziering and Reid’s characters. This kid is the most annoying thing in the movie (and maybe one of the most annoying kid characters I’ve ever seen in a movie. The best thing I can say about these two is that they aren’t in the movie very much. The effects are awful once again. Then again, that is something I would expect out of a Syfy channel original movie. My favorite scene in this movie has to be a scene where the three main characters are skiing down a mountain, trying to get close to the sharknado to the tune of The Kids Aren’t Alright by The Offspring. It really doesn’t make any sense or have anything to do with the story. I also kind of love the cameo by Brett Michaels. This is one of those movies that awful on almost every conceivable level. There are some scenes that pretty damn fun because of how ridiculous the movie gets, and a couple of performances are almost good.


4 / 10   

1 comment: