Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Boy Next Door

Source
From the trailers of this movie alone, it looked like a hundred movies I’ve seen before. Watching this movie made me realize I was completely right. The pacing is off, and every actor is miscast in their roles, never coming off as believable. Everyone overacts, appearing as though they are in the Lifetime Channel movie of the week, and have zero chemistry together. I cannot bring myself to like any of the characters. Actor Ryan Guzman in particular, is horrible. His menacing dialogue is laughable and forced, as opposed to threatening and genuine. They are incredibly one-note, under-written, and cliched. For a movie within the erotic thriller genre, they actually play it relatively safe, I started willing the movie just end about half-way through because The Boy Next Door wastes even the “so-bad-it’s-good” potential. It commits the ultimate sin a movie possibly could. It wasn’t just bad, it was utterly boring. Rarely do I see a film that becomes more and more insulting the longer it goes on. I tried and failed to find something I liked. This is a movie that I hope isn’t a sign of things to come for 2015 movies. 

0 / 10 

1 comment:

  1. This was just about the greatest review ever. One of my faves you've written.

    ReplyDelete