Sunday, February 22, 2015

Wild Card

Image Source
I really liked Wild Card, which is saying something for an action movie released in January. The movie was well-directed by Simon West, whose past work that includes The Expendables 2 and Con Air show that he knows how to film action. The actors in the movie were good too. Jason Statham just might be the best he’s ever been from a performance standpoint. The pacing might turn some people off, as it is very slow. The action scenes are few and far between, but they are brutal, entertaining, and very well-choreographed and shot. The slow motion is used sparingly and effectively. The plot did keep me interested for the most part, even though it was a little clumsy. I did find that it was difficult to pin-point the main plot of the movie, and some of the side-steps were a little jarring, and distracting. Certain actors had smaller roles than I expected, while others had much larger roles than I had expected. This is a movie I really would only recommend to hard core fans of Jason Statham’s movies (like myself) because they will surely find something in the movie to enjoy, whatever it is.


6 / 10     

No comments:

Post a Comment