Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Do-Over

Image Source
 The Do-Over stars David Spade and Adam Sandler as a couple of guys whose lives end up in a rut. Spade is a loser pushover who twin stepsons constantly berate and bully him, and whose hasn’t changed a bit since high school. He still works at the same place, has the same car, and lives in the same house. Sandler, on the other hand, approaches Spade, telling him he’s with the FBI, but looks more like a criminal, who may or may not be lying (Big shock, he is lying) Instead, he’s a coroner at the city morgue. So, after the last Sandler Netflix movie I watched, I went into this one worried. This isn’t a great, or even groundbreaking movie by any means. Before you ask, yes. large portions of this movie do come off as “Adam Sandler and his buddies want to take a vacation” Immediately that does dock it off a point for me. This is admittedly a nitpick, but I’m also docking it another point because the soundtrack does nothing for me, as I’m not a fan of Chris Brown, Pitbull, or Florida Georgia Line. It does touch on being borderline boring. On the plus side, it’s nowhere near as awful as The Ridiculous 6 was. Some of the jokes did work for me. I’ll admit that they’re nothing amazing, and don’t really reach huge belly laughs. If anything, this movie is more of the bland sort of bad than the offensive kind (with a couple of exceptions in the gross-out gag department). Is it the worst thing I’ve ever seen? No. It’s not even the worst Adam Sandler movie I’ve ever seen. That said, I don’t recommend watching this movie. 


4 / 10       

No comments:

Post a Comment