Thursday, August 31, 2017

CHiPs

image source
CHiPs is based off the television series of the same name. The movie is written and directed by Dax Shepard. The movie stars Shepard and Michael Pena as two motorcycle policeman who go undercover to find a group of corrupt cops. It is very rare for me to find a movie like this. Not once did I even remotely crack a smile. CHiPs is a laugh-free, aggrevating assault of douchiness and homophobia. Within the first ten to twenty minutes of the movie, the tow leads get into an argument or whether or not the situation they are in is technically homophobic (and it’s horribly executed). The mystery aspect of the movie falls completely flat as well. You can actually make out that the villain is Vincent D’Onofrio when he lifts the visor on his motorcycle helmet. That throws any curiosity I might have had while watching this right out the window. It doesn’t help matters when they actually show his full face before revealing him as a cop. Most of this cast is talented people. In addition to the three cast member I’ve already mentioned, there’s also Kristen Bell, Ryan Hansen, and Maya Rudolph. Everyone has this feeling like they’re just kind of there I will give the movie a measly amount of credit for Dax Shepard and Michael Pena having natural chemistry with one another. I feel like their performances would have worked better if their characters were more likable. In the end, I don’t think I can recommend avoiding this piece of awfulness enough.


1 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment