Thursday, March 29, 2018

Pulp Fiction

image source
Pulp Fiction deals with several interwoven characters and stories, and is written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. All of the dialogue in this movie feels 100% natural, proving Tarantino's natural talent as a screenwriter. This movie also proves that the man knows how to work with actors. Samuel L. Jackson is his favorite muse as many of the future movies have two working together, obviously. The man also manages to get some career best performances out of the likes of John Travolta, Bruce Willis, and Uma Thurman. All of these people manage to work with Tarantino's dialogue phenomenally. Like the rest of Tarantino's movies, there is a dark sense of humor. There are legitimately moments in this movie where I laugh, even when I know I probably shouldn't. A lot of this movie can be very visceral and brutal. Some notable standouts include the overdose, the pawn shop, and the scene in the apartment at the beginning. That scene, in particular, outlines the dark sense of humor laced throughout the movie. There are a lot of moments where you laugh, cringe, and are surprised all the same time. There is a reason this has gone on to become of the most iconic movies ever made. I will say this: If violence and swearing are turn offs for you, then I would avoid this movie. I would also avoid this move if you aren't a Tarantino fan. So, I am of the mind that there is truly no such thing as a perfect film. That said, I firmly believe this one of the few films that I believe truly comes close to it. I have no real issues with this film, and it is absolutely one of my all-time favorites. 

10 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment