Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Bloodshot

image source
Bloodshot follows a soldier named Ray Garrison played by Vin Diesel. Throughout the course of the movie, he learns that he was killed by a team of mercenaries along with his wife. He is resurrected through the use of nanites that have essentially been fused to his bloodstream. It doesn't take long before he begins to seek revenge. I feel like I can describe this movie in one word: Alright. There isn't anything in it that I found outright terrible. But, there wasn't much in it that I found amazing either. The acting ranges. Nobody's godawful, but there's really only a couple of genuine highlights for me. Guy Pearce, Eiza Gonzalez, and Lamorne Morris are probably the people I was the most invested in, both from a performance standpoint and a character standpoint. While I think Vin Diesel is fine in the lead role, he doesn't really do anything to stand out either. The action was fine as well. There were times where I do think the action leans into using CGI a little too heavily, but it was never anything that really bothered me either. I would say if it sounds like it might be your thing, give it a watch. I don't know that I can promise anything, but you never know. If this does not sound like it would be your thing, then go ahead and skip this altogether. This is a movie that I didn't hate watching. I was just invested enough. But, I don't see it being a movie with a ton of replay value for me either. 

6 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment