Saturday, April 18, 2020

Heathers

image source
Well, this is a movie that I can say surprised me in the best way possible. The film follows Veronica Sawyer (played by Winona Ryder) as she meets falls for the mysterious new kid, J.D. (played by Christian Slater). Along the way, the fall into a series of murders and accidents. Veronica is left trying to figure out what J.D.'s angle is. Going in, I knew this movie was called Heathers and I knew some of the cast members. What I didn't not know anything about was the story. The movie has a dark sense of humor that I legitimately appreciate. The actors all do a pretty solid job. In particular, I really like Christian Slater in this movie. It's a little difficult for me to explain any further. A lot of the jokes really worked for me, and those are not the kind of things you would want to spoil in a review. The film is legitimately cleverly written. At the same time, it's kind of obvious that this movie is a product of its time. There are moments that probably wouldn't fly today. In this movie's case, I honestly mean that as a compliment. Overall, I don't think there's much more I have to say about this movie. I had a legitimate blast with Heathers. 

10 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment