Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sleepwalkers

image source
Sleepwalkers is an interesting movie. It is most definitely terrible by most conventions. Yet, it is entertainingly insane. The movie is directed by Mick Garris (who has also directed the miniseries adaptations for The Shining and The Stand). and written by Stephen King. The plot is about two incestuous vampire-like creatures that are trying to suck the life force out of a teenage girl, and they have a severe fear and hatred of cats. Even writing the plot of this movie sounds insane to me. But, I have seen Sleepwalkers and it is perhaps one of the most fun experiences I can think of. The cast is interesting to me. The main antagonist of the movie is played by Alice Krige (the borg queen herself). You also have a small supporting role by Ron Perlman. That's not even mentioning the plethora of random cameos littered throughout the movie. I also kind of think a lot of the actors kind of know the type of movie they are in. Alice Krige and Ron Perlman are perhaps the best examples of this. There are so many times where I feel like these two are just hamming it up on screen. Of course, I should also mention Glen Shaddix as this creepy high school teacher. If you don't know, this is the same guy who played Otho in Beetlejuice, Bob in Demolition Man, and the reverend in Heathers. This movie also has one of my favorite death scenes in a horror movie ever because I find it so gloriously stupid. In fact, gloriously stupid feels like just the right description for this movie as a whole. 

7 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment