Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Top 50 Favorite TV Shows (50 - 41)

#50: Homeland: I'll admit that I haven't seen all of Homeland, but what I have seen I love. Basically, the story of the show centers on a CIA agent who suffers from Bipolar disorder and a prisoner of war who may or may not have been turned to the side of Al-Qaeda. 

#49: The Simpsons: The Simpsons isn't as good in recent years (mostly because it really does need to die) as it used to be. But those early episodes are so damn good, and the cultural impact this show has had is so impressive, I don't feel comfortable with not talking about it at all. Make no mistake,.  I do like this show a lot. It absolutely deserves a spot on the list. 

#48: Friends: Without Friends, we might not have shows like The Big Bang Theory and How I met Your Mother, both of which I will talk about eventually. The characters on this show are pop culture icons, and for very good reason. 

#47: Saturday Night Live: I'm one of those people who, when I can, enjoys watching those best-of collection videos for each and every member of the cast. I'll admit, the reason I have this show on my list is because of all the great people whose careers were launched, like Eddie Murphy, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, John Belushi, Bill Murray, Mike Myers, and Dana Carvey, just to name a few. 
  
#46: Pinky and the Brain: What would an all-time favorite TV shows list be without the two mice hell-bent on world domination? This is a show that offers one of my personal favorite theme songs ever, as well as some really damn funny scenarios that our favorite mice had gotten themselves into.   

#45: Shameless: Shameless is a show that I only started watching recently. I have had a blast watching this family full of despicable people doing despicable things. For example, the responsibility-lacking patriarch of the family has spent nearly a decade committing welfare fraud, and then, there's the younger daughter who somehow manages to steal a baby in an episode. 
  
#44: Castle: One of the recurring genres of TV shows that will pop up is mystery shows and crime genres. Most of my love for this show comes from the character of Richard Castle, played by Nathan Fillion, as well the references littered throughout the show to another certain show, that I will eventually talk about. 

#43: Arrow: Something the CW really seems to do well is shows based off DC comics characters. I think some of their early shows like Birds of Prey and Smallvile might have had their troubles, but as far as I'm concerned, Arrow was when they finally started to perfect the formula. Oh, and one more thing, if it's possible, check out Arrow's just as good spin-off, The Flash. 
  
#42: Hannibal: Much like some of the other shows I've listed off, I haven't seen all of Hannibal. However, I loved what I had seen of the show, and that could easily be coupled with a love for horror and the Hannibal Lecter character. What I'm trying to say is, if any of these things make this show sound appealing, then I highly recommend checking it out. 
  
#41: 24: What 24 does so well is that it nearly always left you on the edge of your seat. Besides that, I honestly think Jack Bauer may just be one of the greatest anti-heroes ever written. The man constantly straddles the fence, with the moment constantly deciding just which side of the fence going to end up on.

1 comment: