Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Yoga Hosers

Image Source
Yoga Hosers is the newest movie from Kevin Smith. It is the second movie in his “True North” trilogy. The horror comedy follows two yoga-loving convenience store clerks (played by Harley Quinn Smith and Lily-Rose Depp) trying to get themselves to a party. But first, they have to deal with Bratzis (Nazi bratwursts played by Kevin Smith himself). They get themselves some help from man-hunter Guy LaPointe (Johnny Depp, in a performance that is practically begging to win a Razzie). I also wasn’t terribly impressed by Haley Joel Osment’s brief cameo either, finding his bad fake accent annoying. Fortunately, neither Osment nor Johnny Depp are in the movie for very long. On the other hand, I actually really liked Lily-Rose Depp and Harley Quinn Smith as the titular yoga hosers. The two girls look like they’re having fun, and they carry a really damn solid chemistry and charm and charisma through their performances. I hope better roles are around the corner for these young women. The GCI is awful. Never once did I believe I was actually seeing the effects in the movie. Honestly, I kinda liked this movie. Keep in mind, Yoga Hosers isn’t good by any stretch of the imagination. But, I feel like the movie kind of knows it. The premise is gloriously stupid, and never really takes itself too seriously. There are a lot of in-jokes in the movie. However, there are some scenes that start off being kind of funny, but go on a bit too long. Some of them work better than others. While I did kind of enjoy Yoga Hosers for being a stupid movie, I can’t quite bring myself to recommend this movie unless you are either a hardcore Kevin Smith fan, or a hardcore fan of terrible movies on the whole.


5 / 10      

No comments:

Post a Comment