Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Boo! A Madea Halloween

Image Source
First off, let me just say that I know I’m not the audience for this movie. That said, I can't call this a GOOD movie. The humor in the movie is dull, immature noise. This is coming from someone who actually kind of enjoyed the movie Pixels. Tyler Perry is one of those directors who just never was able to appeal to me. Again, I’m not his target audience. The actors all just seem to talk over each other without much of any guidance. Perry as Madea doesn’t seem to do anything besides ramble on and on. By the fifteen minute mark, I could feel a headache coming on. Anyways, the direction and writing feel uninspired and nonexistent, respectively. The constant noise and rambling makes it feel less scripted, and more poorly improvised. The whole thing kind of looks and feels cheap. As an actress, I kind of like Bella Thorne, who is barely in the movie. She looks bored more than anything, almost as though she has no idea what she’s doing here. The funny thing is, I couldn’t even get too mad at this movie beyond mild irritation. It’s just kind of boring. I remember breaking out a mild chuckle at one joke in the movie, but I don’t exactly remember what the joke I laughed at was. Overall, Boo! A Madea Halloween offered little laughs, and was just an unfunny, boring (something I feel like I’ve said a thousand times in this review alone) slog of what I feel I could barely call a movie.


3 / 10 

1 comment: