Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Ratchet & Clank

Image Source
Ratchet & Clank is based off of the popular video game franchise of the same name. Idealistic lombax (a type of alien species) Ratchet gets his dream when famed heroes the galactic rangers open tryouts to bring in a new recruit. I’ll admit, I’m not overly familiar with the Ratchet & Clank franchise on the whole. I was not very excited to see this. The trailers didn’t do much for me. Ultimately, I was pleasantly surprised. The voice cast worked pretty well for me. Paul Giamatti and Sylvester Stallone got some laughs out of me as the voices of the villains. John Goodman briefly pops up as the voice of a gruff mechanic. But, my favorite character was easily Captain Qwark. He was just an egotistical, childish moron, and got a lot of the best lines in the movie. However, the movie is far from perfect. It has its share of flaws. The animation was solid, not quite on the same level as Pixar or Dreamworks, but solid enough. The comedy is hit-and-miss. For every joke that does land, there’s another that doesn’t. Overall, Ratchet & Clank is a decent movie. It’s a recommended rental from me. I don’t recommend repeat viewings. It’s a nice little one-and-done movie.


7 / 10   

No comments:

Post a Comment