Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Meet the Blacks

Image Source
Carl Black (played by Mike Epps) and his family come into money illegally, and they move from Chicago to Beverly Hills. Carl has to deal with the people he stole the money from, as well as the purge. I almost want to say this movie is a parody of the Purge movies. The problem with that is, Meet the Blacks isn’t smart or funny enough to convince me that it’s a parody instead of a cheap knock-off. The direction is awful. In his brief appearance, George Lopez (playing president El Bama) appears lost and confused as to what he is supposed to do. This movie doesn’t feel written, so much badly improvised. Within the first ten minutes of the movie, I was hit with insensitive racist jokes that didn’t work because they just weren’t funny. Hell, most of the time, the jokes are just incredibly confusing, and come off as wasted potential. One of the purgers trying to kill the main character is a bouncy house clown worker played by Mike Tyson. In theory this could’ve worked. Instead, I was just asking what was happening. The characters aren’t really characters. They’re all stereotypes and cliches. Carl Black is horrendous as a protagonist. He comes off as an unlikable moron. In fact, half of the characters in this movie feel like that. I can’t really say that Meet the Blacks ever pissed me off. More than anything, I just thought this movie was boring. Despite the fact that this movie was boring and just didn’t make me mad, it’s a stretch to find even one redeeming quality about Meet the Blacks. 


0 / 10   

1 comment:

  1. Lol tell me how you really feel. I absolutely have to see a trailer for this now.

    ReplyDelete