Thursday, January 3, 2019

Top 15 Most Anticipated Movies of 2019

Honorable Mentions:

Happy Death Day 2U, It: Chapter Two, Kingsman: The Great Game, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Joker, The New Mutants, Dark Phoenix, Alita: Battle Angel 

#15: Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs and Shaw: I am a fan of the Fast and Furious franchise. That said, the budding bromance between the Rock and Jason Statham was the best part of The Fate of the Furious. Naturally, giving these two a spin-off is going to interest me. To top it off, Idris Elba has been cast as the movie's main villain.

#14: Us: Us is about a family that has to fight off dopplegangers of themselves. This is the horror movie follow-up from Jordan Peele. I loved Get Out, so I'm curious to see how this film goes for him.

#13: Hellboy: While I wish Hellboy III would have happened, I will still take what I can get. David Harbour looks like he'll be a good replacement for Ron Perlman, and I kind of love the idea of casting Milla Jovovich as the villain. Whether it turns out to be good or bad, I'm still interested in seeing what the final product turns out to be.

#12: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: I kind of look at the How to Train Your Dragon films as the animated version of Lord of the Rings. Here's hoping that the size, scope, and scale continues in this third and final entry of the How to Train Your Dragon trilogy.

#11: Men in Black: International: This movie seems keen on expanding the world of Men in Black. Instead of bring back J and K, the film will focus on new characters played by Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth (who have already proven to have good chemistry in Thor: Ragnarok). The movie's also going to be directed by F. Gary Gray. Yeah, I'm definitely curious to see how this is going to go.

#10: Captain Marvel: Captain Marvel is set to take place in the 1990s. Captain Marvel herself is supposed to be the most powerful hero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The plot feels like it's only told me what I need to know, and nothing more.

#9: Shazam!: Zachary Levi is kind of the perfect choice to play Shazam in my opinion. More importantly, I'm excited to see this movie because it looks like it could be the superhero version of the movie Big, and I really have to see what that's going to look like.

#8: John Wick 3: Parabellum: The John Wick franchise feels like the best homage we've got to the action movie cult classics of the '80s and '90s. This one looks like it might be the last film in the John Wick series. Whether this is true or not, I can't wait to see this one.

#7: Godzilla: King of the Monsters: This sequel to 2014's Godzilla is going to be directed by Michael Dougherty (the same man who directed Trick 'r Treat and Krampus), and I want to see what he can do with a big budget feature. The cast features Millie Bobbie Brown and Vera Farmiga. Godzilla is going to fight the likes of King Ghidora and Mothra.

#6: Spider-Man: Far From Home: With this one, we're right back to the MCU. I don't know a lot about the plot, and except that it's going to follow the events of Avengers: Endgame and that Jake Gyllenhaal is supposed to play the main villain in the movie. Supposedly, it's going to be Mysterio.

#5: Glass: Glass is the crossover sequel to both Unbreakable and Split. That's about all I needed to know to be on board with this movie. I also am happy that I can start feeling somewhat confident in M. Night Shyamalan as a filmmaker again. 

#4: Zombieland Too: I absolutely love the first Zombieland movie, and I have been waiting to see this for close to ten years now. The plot rumors say that our heroes from the first film may have to deal with new survivors and mutated zombies. No matter what, I am completely on board for this movie.

#3: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: This is as high on the list as it is for one simple reason. It's the new movie from Quentin Tarantino. This movie's also going to deal with the Manson Family murders and Sharon Tate in some way, shape, or form.

#2: Star Wars: Episode IX: This is going to close out the Star Wars sequel trilogy. How is that going to happen? I have no idea. I love these characters, and I am really excited to see how J.J. Abrams wraps the trilogy up.

#1: Avengers: Endgame: Endgame is set to follow the events of Infinity War. How are the Avengers going to stop Thanos for good? Who knows? What deaths will and won't stick in this one? We'll just have to wait and see.  


No comments:

Post a Comment