Friday, December 20, 2019

Noelle

image source

Noelle is a film currently available on Disney+. The film follows Santa Claus’s daughter (played by Anna Kendrick) as she is forced to find her brother (played by Bill Hader) when he abandons his post as the next Santa Claus just before Christmas. Anna Kendrick is incredibly committed to her role in the film. She portrays Noelle as charming and naive, while giving her own charisma to the role. Bill Hader also does a good job, even though he feels underutilized. The film isn’t hilarious or anything, but there are a handful of solid laughs, and the film actually has some charm to it. Granted, a lot of the reason this movie works at all is Anna Kendrick. This movie isn’t perfect, by any stretch of the imagination. The ending is actually pretty predictable. Some of the effects are pretty spotty. The sets border on looking cheap. This is one of those movies that I did kind of enjoy. This certainly isn’t a movie I see myself watching every year, but I won’t begrudge anybody who does choose to make this a permanent staple. It’s not a bad movie per se, but I also don’t think it’s really anything special either. Give it a watch and see for yourself. 

7 / 10 

1 comment:

  1. I have been curious about this movie. I watched the trailer and I was like "Yup, I already know how that's going to end." LOL The main thing that interested me was Bill Hader. I'll get around to watching it someday.

    ReplyDelete