Sunday, January 19, 2020

Dolittle

image source

Dolittle stars Robert Downey, Jr. as Doctor Dolittle. He has to go on a journey to find something when the queen of England falls gravely ill because his home/animal sanctuary is on the line. Formulating my thoughts is surprisingly difficult. However, I will do my best. I don’t like this movie, but I was honestly expecting it to be much, much worse. Nothing about this movie made me outright angry. I just think it was too bland and uninteresting for that. I should note that I didn’t really think any of the acting was up to par. Even the usually reliable Robert Downey, Jr. wasn’t very good. The plot is weird to me. It feels like it’s trying to jump from plot point to plot point, and I just don’t care about any of it. It’s honestly pretty predictable as well. As soon as Michael Sheen shows up, I know he’s going to be the villain. A lot of the humor feels kind of out of place. OK, I don’t really have any more to say. Dolittle is bad in a bland way, despite a pretty bonkers ending. I don’t recommend it, and I think that’s that. 

4 / 10 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I was planning on skipping this. There was something about the trailer that turned me off. I was just like...RDJ basically doing his Sherlock Holmes character, but with animals. *Shrug.

    ReplyDelete