Monday, January 8, 2018

Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa


image source
This exists. THIS EXISTS! What is the secret behind Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa? Somehow this was able to make it television, even if it did only air once. The animation is horrifying. I’d say it reminds me of the music video for Money for Nothing by Dire Straits, but I wouldn’t want to insult Dire Straits. I mean look at this shit. 

image source
That is from 2002. Does it even look like they’re alive (or human for that matter). The pacing is torturous. Watching this thing felt like pulling teeth. The way it flowed never felt right. Every time a new sentence was spoken, or a new scene started it was just jarring. Halfway through, someone decided this should start having musical numbers. They don’t work. It doesn’t sound like there’s even a melody to these things. My heart sank around the ten minute mark because I realized I still had a half hour left in this god awful special. The special is 42 minutes long, and should’ve have had ten minutes taken off. Most of the voice cast is just awful. The voices are as robotic as the animation. Perhaps the worst offender (and I really hate to say it) is Nancy Cartwright. Part of this is because all she’s doing is the voice of Nelson from The Simpson. The only voice actor that was OK was mark Hamill. It’s sad when phoning it in is the best voiceover work this special has to offer. The other part of it comes from the fact that this voice doesn’t really fit the character at all. The rapping actually made me long for Vanilla Ice (somehow making him look like 2Pac). Every fucking minute this thing went on, I’m pretty sure a piece me died and my IQ dropped. All in all, the most I can about this special is: shut that door.

No comments:

Post a Comment