Saturday, December 30, 2017

Top 10 Worst Movies of 2017

Dishonorable Mentions:

Transformers: The Last Knight, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, The Bye Bye Man, The Circle, The Snowman

There also bad movies like Boo 2! A Madea Halloween, Geostorm, The Nut Job 2, Sandy Wexler, and Wish Upon that I didn’t see this year. So if you’re wondering why none of them are on the list, that’s why.

#10: The Mummy: The Mummy is one of those movies I was hoping against hope was going to be good. I wanted to see a cinematic universe based on the Universal movie monsters succeed. Tom Cruise was completely miscast. References to the original movies were just crammed in there carelessly. The one thing that keeps it fairly low on the list for me is the mummy herself. At the very least, I found the title character interesting. Everything else was just kind of a mess.

#9: Baywatch: The movie's three leads have some good chemistry with one another, and occasionally the movie got a laugh out of me. However, Priyanka Chopra (a capable actress) is awful as the film's main villain, and a lot of the comedy just falls flat. This is a case of everything coming together to make a movie that should work, and just plain doesn't.

#8: The Dark Tower: Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey are trying. Unfortunately, the story is a mess. The directing is bland. The pacing is terrible. The writing never seems to work. Similar to the previous two movies I mentioned, this should have worked, but didn't.

#7: Rings: This is a movie where a subplot involving Johnny Galecki is far more interesting than the actual main plot of this movie. Part of that easily could be that Johnny Galecki has more talent and charisma in his thumb than the two main leads of the movie. The opening scene is one of the absolute worst I think I have ever seen because it pisses all over the lore of the original Ring movie.

#6: Flatliners: Flatliners is pretty poorly acted by a very talented cast. The direction feels conflicted. I don’t know if this movie wanted to be psychological or popcorn fun, whether or not it wanted to be a horror movie or a sci-fi movie. If anything, Flatliners has one of the most appropriate titles ever.

#5: All Eyez on Me: Most of the bad movies I saw this year were mostly disappointing more than anything else. I am a huge fan of rapper Tupac Shakur. This is a guy who had a fascinating life. A biography based on him deserves far better than the equivolance of a greatest hits album in movie form

#4: Unforgettable: I feel like you get a movie like this every year. Last year, it was When the Bough Breaks. The thing they all seem to have in common is that they are just awful. What sets this one apart for me is that it stars Katherine Heigl. This may just be the most inappropriately titled movie of the year. The one thing this movie has going for it is Rosario Dawson.

#3: CHiPs: I can’t say enough just how much I hated CHiPs. If Baywatch at least had the chemistry between its leads, this movie doesn’t even have that. The comedy doesn’t work. The mystery doesn’t work. The action doesn’t work. CHiPs doesn’t work.

#2: The Emoji Movie: This is nothing more than a corporate sellout with awful jokes, uninteresting characters, and a lazy, played-out story. The only reason this isn’t number one is that I honestly thought the animation was decent

#1: Fifty Shades Darker: This movie is even worse than the first film. Somehow, the two leads are even less likable, and have less chemistry. I know nothing compared to this movie for me this year because it was the only movie this year that I couldn’t even find one redeeming thing in this steaming dumpster fire of dogshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment