Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Incredibles 2

image source
Incredibles 2 begins almost immediately after the end of the first film. In this movie, a billionaire tycoon (voiced by Bob Odenkirk) wants to bring superheroes back into the limelight, and hires Elastigirl (voiced by Holly Hunter) to help with superhero public relations. In the meantime, Mr. Incredible (voiced by Craig T. Nelson) agrees to watch the kids while Elastigirl is off trying to make the world a better place for superheroes. Before long, a mysterious villain known as the Screenslaver arrives on the scene to make things difficult for Elastigirl. Much like the first movie, Incredibles 2 truly feels like the Fantastic Four movie we should have gotten a long time ago. The animation is still amazing to look at. The family dynamic is still some of the best stuff in the movie. I like that Elastigirl is excited that she was the one chosen to go fight crime. I like that Mr. Incredible is conflicted because he wants to support his wife, but is also bitter that he's not the one chosen to fight crime. I like that Violet isn't sure what she wants to do because she is a 12 or 13-year-old girl, and pretty much bases her decisions based on her emotions in a given moment. I like that Dash just wants to fight bad guys because he's a boy, and I like thay Jack-Jack does whatever he wants to do because he's a baby. The story honestly worked for me because it fits in with recent movies like Captain America: Civil War and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. There is some political views on the ideas of property damage. Similar to the first movie, I like that this one isn't really afraid to put characters like Dash or Violet in danger even though they are both kids, and you legitimately feel fear because they do. If there is one thing about this movie I think could have been handled better, it was the villain. I don't think they did a bad job, I just think the villain of the movie could have been a little stronger. Overall, I really loved Incredibles 2. It may not have been as good as the first movie, but it was still worth the wait.

9 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment