Saturday, August 24, 2019

Angel Has Fallen

image source

Mike Banning (played by Gerard Butler) finds himself framed for the attempted assassination of President Alan Trumball (played by Morgan Freeman). Banning must go on the run to clear his name. Going into this film, I wasn’t entirely sure what I should expect. I really liked Olympus Has Fallen and didn’t care for London Has Fallen too much. Having seen the film, I can say I genuinely enjoyed this movie. I didn’t like it as much as Olympus, but really preferred it over London. The acting is good enough. It isn’t anything stellar, but that’s not really why I would watch a movie like this. The action is pretty fun to watch. I especially love the chemistry and banter between Gerard Butler and Nick Nolte (playing Banning’s father). I also kind of appreciate that this film does a little more to make Banning’s wife more of a character. Granted, the character development isn’t particularly deep. There is some development there, but it isn’t much. I’m not saying this is something that bothered me. After all, this is the third movie in a franchise. There are a couple of twists thrown into the movie in terms who the villains are, and I’m just going to say the they are pretty obvious right from the get go. I kind of wish there was a little more of Nick Nolte in the movie. I also kind of feel that Jada Pinkett Smith was under-used as well. Overall, I enjoyed Angel Has Fallen quite a bit. This isn’t a great movie. It’s perfectly fun junk food. That’s what I was expecting out of it, and that’s pretty much what I got. I can’t really complain too much about that. 

6 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment