Saturday, August 24, 2019

Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus

image source
This is actually a movie I didn't even know was going to be a thing until I saw it was on Netflix not too long ago. Zim had vanished for some time, leaving his arch nemesis Dib to become a shell of his former self, merely waiting for Zim's return. I should start this by saying that I'm really only a casual Invader Zim fan. I've seen some episodes of the show here and there, but I know the gist. I don't think you need to be the biggest Invader Zim fan to get something out of this movie, nor would I say you necessarily need to have seen the show. There are points in the film where they reference the show's backstory. However, I do think that even the most basic knowledge genuinely helps. I really dug this movie. It's pretty well-animated. The humor works really well. Most of the jokes really do land. The movie also keeps up a pretty good pace. Sometimes, I wonder if the pace might be a touch too fast. However, this never feels like a detriment to the film, so much as my own personal observation and nitpick in regards to this film. I don't really think there's too much more for me to say. Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus is a lean 70 minutes. It's short and sweet, but never overstays it's welcome. I recommend this film to fans of the Invader Zim series, hardcore and casual fans alike.

7 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment