Sunday, March 8, 2015

Chappie

Source
Chappie is a very difficult movie to put into words. It is, by far, the craziest movie I have seen so far this year. The storyline wasn’t the most original, but was interesting enough to keep me going. The effects were fantastic, and the rare action sequences were beautiful for an action movie fan to witness. I think an absolutely fantastic movie was in here somewhere because I did notice sprinkles of originality. I like most of the characters, and actors, too. I saw the ambition Chappie had, but never really felt it reached its full potential. The character of Chappie himself was easily the best character in the movie. I found him to be the most interesting and the most relatable. I liked the idea of showing how easily a child’s mind could be corrupted, and I felt that having two rappers playing the ones who corrupt him, spoke to me.  While I did like the story, the movie was terribly paced. It would speed up, and then slow way down. It would do this throughout the movie. Sigourney Weaver was completely wasted, and I never felt as though her character served any sort of purpose to the plot.   


7 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment