Sunday, March 13, 2016

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot


Image Source
 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot stars Tina Fey as a journalist who takes the offer to be a field reporter and war correspondent in Kabul, Afghanistan. This movie has the tricky job of balancing a comedy, drama, and suspenseful thriller all in one. In many ways, it does this well. However, the dramatic moments do drag on a little too much. This movie just under two hours, which is a little long for a comedy. I think some of the dramatic moments could’ve been shaved down a little bit. The comedic moments mostly work thanks to the great cast. Tina Fey has great chemistry with her romantic counterpart, played by Martin Freeman of Sherlock. For me, however, the standout has to be Margot Robbie, who I feel knocked it out of the park yet again. I’ve only seen a handful of her performances, but she’s already one of my favorite actresses. Despite some pacing issues, I genuinely liked this movie quite a bit, and I recommend the movie.

8 / 10 

1 comment: