Sunday, March 20, 2016

Zootopia

Image Source
Alright, no joking or bullshitting here. I LOVED this movie. I want to give a fair warning that there will be some minor spoilers ahead, so read on at your own risk. Zootopia manages to be stacked with a fantastic voice cast, all of fit their characters to perfection. For example, Idris Elba plays the stern police captain. Tommy Chong plays a hippie. Jason Bateman plays a fast-talking fox. When I watched this movie, I noticed something I found interesting. I heard a lot more laughs from the adults in the audience. I’m sure the young kids in the theater enjoyed the movie because of all the animals, but I don’t quite think they’ll get why all of the adults were laughing at the fact that the DMV was run by sloths, or why we thought it was so funny that the sheep in the yellow hazmat suit’s partners were named Walter and Jesse. I also have to praise the animation, as I love the attention to all the little details that went into this movie. There are some digs at Disney’s past work I really like too. Idris Elba’s police captain flat out says the words “Let it go” after telling protagonist Judy Hopps (Ginnifer Goodwin) that life isn’t an animated musical where problems can just be whisked away.


10 / 10      

1 comment: