Monday, March 21, 2016

Songs I HATE - Deuces by Chris Brown, Tyga, & Kevin McCall

This is a series I'm gonna do from time to time, where I just sort of talk about the songs that bother and anger me for whatever reason. I would say this particular song is a mix of the main performer and the subject matter.

All that bullshit's for the birds
You ain't nothin but a vulture
Always hopin for the worst
Waiting for me to fuck up
You'll regret the day when I find another girl, yeah
That knows just what I need, she knows just what I mean
When I tell her keep it drama free


That's the first verse by Chris Brown himself. Almost immediately, it puts a bad taste in my mouth. Largely, it's because of the timing of the song. This was supposed to be Chris Brown's big comeback after the whole Rihanna incident. The second verse belongs to rapper Tyga. 

Thought it was true love, but you know women lie
It's like I sent my love with a text two times
Call cause I care but I ain't get no reply
Tryna see eye to eye but it's like we both blind
Fuck it let's hit the club, I rarely sip but pour me some
Cause when it's all said and done,
I ain't gon be the one that she can always run to
I hate liars, fuck love I'm tired of trying
My heart big but it beat quiet

Looking at the lyrics for his verse, his is the best. That has nothing to do with Tyga's talent because he has no charisma whatsoever. However, if you know anything about what Tyga's relationship life is like, that actually hurts what I think otherwise could've been the one decent verse on the song. The third and final verse by Kevin McCall (who makes Tyga look like 2Pac) brings the awful right back into my mouth. 

Shorty full of drama like gangsta grizzles
I finally noticed it, it finally hit me
Like Tina did Ike in the limo, it finally hit me
I got a new chick, and she ain't you

So, that's a sample of "Deuces". I absolutely HATE this song.   

No comments:

Post a Comment