Monday, September 23, 2019

Resident Evil: Degeneration

image source
Resident Evil: Degeneration is a computer generated animated movie set within the universe of the Resident Evil game franchise. I'll admit that I've never played any of the Resident Evil games, so I can't exactly speak to how faithful this movie is to the video games. I say this because I want it to be clear that I am in no way judging this as an adaptation, only as a movie standing on its own. The film was originally made in Japan, so the version I saw was dubbed over. Some of the actual syncing wasn't very good. The animation was alright. It's nothing stellar, but it's nothing amazing either. I will give credit to the voice acting. Many of the performers in this film are voice actors by profession. These include the likes of Laura Bailey, Alyson Court, Roger Craig Smith, and Steve Blum, just to name a few. The plot can feel a little bit too complicated at times, like there is a little too much going on. One point where I think the animation actually excels is in the action. Characters like Leon and Claire are just really damn entertaining to watch. It feels like the purpose with the heroes in the film is to just make them badass, and I was completely OK with that. Overall, this film was pretty fun to watch. It's far from perfect, but I would definitely recommend this film to fans of the Resident Evil games.

6 / 10 

1 comment:

  1. I quite enjoy this film - just a light, fun romp. I enjoy it more than RE: Damnation. :)

    ReplyDelete