Monday, September 16, 2019

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

image source
In many ways, Tokyo Drift is sort of the black sheep of the Fast and the Furious franchise. The film centers around Sean Boswell (played by Lucas Black). Sean gets in trouble with the law, and is sent to live with his father in Tokyo. From there, he starts getting into his old street racing habits, and even runs into some trouble with the Yakuza. This might have some of my favorite moments in terms of the actual street racing moments. I think the best thing this movie does is introduce the character Han (played by Sung Kang). Han is just this cool, laid back kind of guy, and actor Sung Kang plays this part to a tee. He is easily the best part of the movie in my opinion. Plot-wise, the best comparison I could potentially make is that this is sort of a Karate Kid style plot. It's not really anything too complex, but I don't really need it to be that complex either. So, yeah. This a pretty short review. I like this as a simple movie. I don't really need any more out of it than what it gave me.

7 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment