Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Jurassic World

Image Source
For me, Jurassic World can be added to the catalog showing just how awesome Summer 2015’s movie season has been. Is it as good as the original? No. But there is a lot of good in this movie in my opinion. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are great in the movie. Their characters and chemistry work well. The effects are really good, even if there is a bit too much reliance on CGI. The raptor training was actually really interesting to watch in this movie, and I actually believed Chris Pratt had a sort of bond with CGI dinosaurs, which I can’t complain about. The kid actors are alright. Not the best, not the worst. Some of the sub-plots are kind of stupid, and I don’t think they work as well as they were probably supposed to. There was one used to flesh out the kid characters a little more that never really added anything to the overall story. It came out of left field and was dropped just as quickly. This is probably my second favorite movie in the Jurassic Park franchise. It’s not as good as the first one, but I think it’s better than the first two sequels for sure. 


9 / 10   

1 comment:

  1. I pretty much agree with your assessment. I can't wait to chat with you more about this. :)

    ReplyDelete