Sunday, June 23, 2019

Anna

image source

I didn’t know anything about this movie’s existence until I saw a trailer on Youtube a couple of months ago. Going into this movie, I had no idea what to expect. The movie stars relative newcomer Sasha Luss in the title role. Anna is a woman who was offered a chance to work as an assassin for the KGB. The first thing I have to draw attention to is that the plot kind of difficult for me to explain. Part of the reason is probably because the way the first half of the film is structured  makes it hard to follow. What I mean by this is that is the film will jump from one point in time to five years later to three years prior to this five-years-later-interval. One of the biggest problems I have with this is it actually makes it hard for me to pay attention, or even feel that invested. There is another possible reason I don’t find myself that invested in this film. I don’t find myself that interested in most of the characters, because it doesn’t really feel like the characters have that much to them, at least from my perspective. Yet, the actors do feel as though they are all putting effort in their performances.The action scenes are also pretty fluid. I don’t necessarily think Luc Besson’s direction lets this movie down, so much as his writing does. For example, the action scenes are genuinely pretty fluid, and well done. Overall, I don’t think this movie was inherently awful. I wasn’t expecting much of anything out of it either, so I couldn’t really be that disappointed. I think this is going to be one of those movies that will come and go from any memories, should it leave any impact at all.

4 / 10  

No comments:

Post a Comment