Saturday, June 15, 2019

Daughter of the Wolf

image source

Daughter of the Wolf stars Gina Carano as a mother with a military background searching for her 13-year-old son who has been kidnapped by a group of villains led by a man known only as “Father” (played by Richard Dreyfuss). What I am about to say is going to sound strange. I kind of enjoyed this movie. OK, I’m not going to say it’s really anything special, but I was never really mad while I watched it. The acting is serviceable. It’s nothing award-winning. However, it isn’t the worst acting I’ve ever seen either. By far, the best part of this movie is Richard Dreyfuss as the villain (as if it would be anything else that deserved the most praise). Carano herself is decent enough. She kind of does what she needs to do. I also appreciate that this film is only 90 minutes. It feels about as long as it needs to be. I like the setting of the mountains during the Winter time for an action movie, even if I don’t know that this film utilizes the setting to its fullest potential. On the flip side, this movie also has a lot of problems. For one thing, the title Daughter of the Wolf doesn’t really make sense. The film is also poorly edited (and is the primary issue I have with this film). For one thing, this film kind of just throws you into the film, and then reveals the backstory in one scene, told in through a flashback. The son is the most aggravating part of this film. He honestly doesn’t do much more than annoy me, even if I can’t say he’s the most annoying character I have ever seen. Even though I honestly kind of liked this, that doesn’t make this film good. I found it to be a fun enough time for me to watch as a fan of bad movies. 

6 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment