Saturday, November 30, 2019

Ford v Ferrari


image source

The Ford Motor Company hires Carroll Shelby (played by Matt Damon) to build a car that can compete with Ferrari in the racing circuit. To accomplish this goal, Shelby enlists help from hotheaded racer and mechanic Ken Miles (played by Christian Bale). The two men find themselves at odds with Ford executive Leo Beebe (played by Josh Lucas). I love that the relationship between Shelby and Miles is really what drives this film. As good as I genuinely believe that both Bale and Damon are in this film, Bale truly feels like he is the heart and soul. His motivations are the most understandable throughout But, I also have to give credit to the film’s supporting cast. Josh Lucas is so good at playing the weaselly douche bag that he can practically do it in his sleep. Jon Bernthal is an actor that I’ve been a fan of ever since his time on The Walking Dead. Naturally, I was glad to see him in the movie. Director James Mangold handled the racing scenes with some genuine tension. I will also admit that, while I am a fan of sports movies, I don’t really know enough about sports in general to know how accurate this film was, or that I even knew what the actual outcome was going to be. This is a film that was 2 and a half hours long, and never really felt it. 

10 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment