Friday, November 29, 2019

Frozen 2

image source

Three years after the events of the first film, Elsa (voiced by Idina Menzel) begins hearing a voice calling out to her. When something begins to threaten the kingdom, she, Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell), Kristoff (voiced Jonathan Groff), Sven, and Olaf (voiced by Josh Gad) travel into an enchanted forest to find a way to save their kingdom. Once again, I really do have to compliment the animation and the voice actors. The characters actually feel like they are a little more evolved. Olaf is actually beginning to question things about existence. Now, I will say that it really is the stuff between Anna Elsa that works the best. Their relationship feels like it genuinely grown. A lot of the comedy actually worked for me. I appreciate that the film will take a minute to have some heart when it’s absolutely needed. As I dive into the things about the film I didn’t care for, know that I actually did enjoy this film. The music is a bit of a mixed bag. None of it is awful, but the weaker stuff is just kind of forgettable. Some of the story aspects didn’t always work for me either. I will give credit that the movie did subvert some of the story beats I expected it to deal with. It was interesting to me that this film didn’t really have a villain. The reason for me is because this almost feels like a story that would lend itself to having a central villain more than the first film. Overall, I think Frozen 2 will definitely work for kids. But, I think parents will actually like this film fine as well. It’s not as good as the first movie, but it’s still a decent flick. 

7 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment