Monday, July 6, 2015

Terminator: Genisys

Image Source
Is Terminator: Genisys a good movie? The answer: No. But, I still enjoyed the hell out of the movie. The plot twist involving John Connor was something I thought I would hate, but I bought it in the context of the movie. For the most part the acting was pretty solid in my opinion. Arnold Schwarzenegger still shows that he owns the role of the Terminator. Emilia Clarke and Jason Clarke were really good as Sarah and John Connor respectively in my opinion.  To his credit, Jai Courtney tried. He just didn't do anything to make the character his own. While I also liked J.K. Simmons and Matt Smith in the movie, I couldn't help but feel that they were wasted. On the more negative side of things, the effects weren't the best. I couldn't help but think they could've easily been cleaned up a lot better. The movie does drag quite a bit at points too, and I would wish for the movie to quit dragging. There are a lot of things in the movie that just don't add up and plot points that are actually never answered. Terminator: Genisys isn't exactly the breath of fresh air this languishing franchise needed, but it is a loud, stupid, fun movie that I believe the term 'guilty pleasure movie' was made for.

6 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment