Saturday, April 9, 2016

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Image Source
 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is one of those movies that I personally didn’t expect like at all. While I did like the movie for the most part, I think it is a deeply flawed movie. I want to start with what I didn’t like in the movie. I didn’t care much for how early they brought in and used the Doomsday card. The character of Mercy Graves was pretty much a throwaway part, when her character was quite a bit bigger part of the comic book universe. As far as whether or not I liked Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jr., the jury’s still out. The first half of the movie was very slow paced, almost to the point it could be called boring. Some of the storytelling is a bit weak, largely because Zack Snyder isn’t the greatest director when it comes to story. On that note, I like the idea that Superman seems like he’s trying to be better. For the most part, it is clear that he doesn’t kill anybody (one guy is a bit debatable). Gal Gadot and Ben Affleck are the best performers in the movie. Batman does kill in the movie. However, I didn’t have a problem with this because the movie does borrow from a version of Batman in the comics that does kill. Some of the action in the second half of the movie is pretty solid. In the end, I did like this movie. There are elements of good and bad in the movie, but for me the good just barely outweighs the bad. I kind of hope for stronger movies than this one in the future of the DC Cinematic Universe. 


7 / 10    

No comments:

Post a Comment