Friday, April 8, 2016

Eye In the Sky

Image Source
The world of drone strikes is something of a gray area, and Eye In the Sky tackles this subject very well, in my opinion. The movie shows multiple sides, without really choosing one, and demonizing the other. The movie also kind of explores how the politics can get messy, and how people can have different reactions throughout. My favorite line in the movie was said by Alan Rickman: “Never tell a solider the costs of war.” The film is very well-acted, particularly by Helen Mirren, Alan Rickman, and Aaron Paul. These three all give award-worthy performances in my opinion. This movie has a lot of characters, and managing to find the right balance between all of them can be a very tricky thing. Fortunately, Eye In the Sky pulls this off with ease. The pacing is slow, but the movie is able to build up tension well enough, the movie never drags. As far as flaws go, I really only have a minor nitpick, and it is minor. The movie itself, without getting into any spoilers, has a fairly depressing ending, which kind of made me say to myself that I couldn’t really see myself watching the movie again, though I do think this was an overall excellent movie.


9 / 10        

No comments:

Post a Comment