Monday, April 11, 2016

Justice League vs. Teen Titans

Image Source
 Justice League vs. Teen Titans is the second DC Animated movie of the year. The movie’s animation quality is pretty good, though not the best I’ve seen out of the DC Animated catalogue. The area where I feel the animation shines the best is in the action sequences, which is common for the DCAU. The voice cast was hit and miss at first in my opinion. For example, I personally loved Shemar Moore, Jason O’Mara, Christopher Gorham, Taissa Farmiga, and Rosario Dawson as Cyborg, Batman, The Flash, and Wonder Woman respectively. On the other hand I didn’t dig Jerry O’Connell, Kari Wahlgren and Jon Bernthal as Superman, Starfire, and Trigon respectively at first. They did eventually grow on me, however. As with the other DC Animated movies I’ve seen, I can’t stand the Damien Wayne character, now matter how hard they try to make me sympathize with him. Raven is my favorite character in the movie, and in my opinion, has the best development. There were elements of humor here and there that I think worked pretty well. The soundtrack is a bit generic. Overall, I feel that this was a solid movie, despite some flaws.  

8 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment