Monday, December 5, 2016

Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2017

Honorable Mentions:

The Lego Batman Movie, Ghost in the Shell, Beauty and the Beast, War for the Planet of the Apes, Kong: Skull Island, It, Justice League, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Friday the 13th, Saw: Legacy 

#10: Spider-Man: Homecoming: I loved Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man in Civil War. I can't wait to see what happens in this movie now that Marvel has some say. I love the idea of Michael Keaton playing the villain, and can't wait to see more back and forth between Spider-Man and Iron Man.

#9: Dunkirk: Dunkirk is a World War II era drama that will tell the story of the storming of one of the beaches. The thing that really sells my excitement for this movie is director Christopher Nolan, who is one of my personal favorites.



#8: John Wick: Chapter 2: John Wick was one of the biggest surprises of 2014. I was incredibly excited for this movie when I first heard it was happening, and that first trailer got me even more excited.



#7: Thor: Ragnarok: I enjoy the first two Thor movies quite a bit. I'm excited to see Thor and Loki again. Tessa Thompson from Creed is playing the new love interest for Thor. That said, there hasn't been much of a plot reveal, So I don't know what to expect story-wise.

#6: Fast 8: I've been a longtime fan of the Fast and the Furious franchise. However, it wasn't until Fast Five that this franchise really found its footing. With cast additions that include Charlize Theron and Helen Mirren, including the returning actors, I'm curious to see how this movie turns out.

#5: Alien: Covenant: Here's what I know about this movie. Michael Fassbender's in it, and its an Alien movie. Really, that's all I need to know.

#4: Wonder Woman: I know a lot of people haven't cared too much for the DC Extended Universe. Honestly, the only one I've outright loved so far has been Suicide Squad. But, the trailer for Wonder Woman and the lack of Zack Snyder in the director's chair gives me a lot of hope.

Wonder Woman Trailer

#3: Star Wars: Episode VIII: I've yet to see a trailer for Episode VIII, but with The Force Awakens being a good movie, and Rian Johnson, the director of Looper, taking the mantle from J.J. Abrams, I'm definitely interested in seeing what's coming next in the Star Wars franchise.

#2: Logan: Logan is definitely going to carry an R rating. This will also be the swan song for Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and Patrick Stewart as Professor X. There's also going to be an introduction of fan favorite X-23.

Logan Red Band Trailer

#1: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Seeing as how I ranked Guardians of the Galaxy as my favorite movie of 2014, of course I'm excited for this movie. I love the characters, and the trailers seem to be carrying the same tone as the first movie.




No comments:

Post a Comment