Friday, December 30, 2016

Top 11 Worst Movies of 2016

Now it's time for the flip side of the coin.

Dishonorable Mentions:

These are bad movies that just didn't quite make the cut (and they feel lucky because of it.)

Zoolander 2, Ice Age: Continental Drift, Inferno, Assassin's Creed, When the Bough Breaks, Little Dead Rotting Hood, Cell

#11: Gods of Egypt: Gods of Egypt is hilariously bad for a number of reasons (the reason it's so low on my list.) The movie is completely miscast and overacted on all counts. The effects are laughably bad. It's certainly bad, but I can't say I was ever mad.

#10: God's Not Dead 2: God's Not Dead 2 suffers from bad acting, writing, and directing. The characters are thinly written, and the cast is bloated all to hell.

#9: Meet the Blacks: One of the worst attempts at parody I think I've ever seen (and I've seen Scary Movie 5.) The jokes aren't funny and the acting sucks.

#8: Boo! A Madea Halloween: If there's anything that the latest Madea movie proves to me, it's this: Tyler Perry shouldn't be allowed to make movies anymore. The story here meanders, and the actors just ramble and talk all over each other.

#7: The Other Side of the Door: The Other Side of the Door is an awful horror movie that strands a talented cast in the middle of this crap. The scares are forced, lazy, and tired. Everything else, meanwhile, is just plain dull.

#6: The Last Heist: I thought this movie would be a lot higher than it ended up being. The actors were awful. The directing was cheap. The writing was atrocious. The idea was interesting, but the execution did nothing with this movie.

#5: Norm of the North: So, this movie was originally supposed to be direct-to-DVD. Instead, it was shoved into a theatrical release in January. The makers of this movie  seem to think a twerking polar bear and a forced environmental message go hand-in-hand.

#4: The Disappointments Room: The Disappointments Room is one of those awful, awful movies that goes absolutely nowhere. Kate Beckinsale is totally wasted in the movie(AND SHE PLAYS THE MAIN CHARACTER!) The entire thing is just dull and pointles.

#3: Shut In: This movie might've been a lot lower on my list. Unfortunately, it has one of the the absolute worst twists I've ever seen. What came before was already bad, but that twist just sank everything even lower.

#2: Nine Lives: This is a Shaggy Dog rip-off starring Kevin Spacey (whom I can only assume was blackmailed into being in this movie.) The acting is terrible. The effects are shit. I have no idea why this movie exists.

#1: Max Steel: As soon as I saw the final result of what these people seemed to think a Max Steel movie should've been, I knew exactly what the worst movie of 2016 was going to be.Max Steel offers nothing of value. There are no redeeming qualities to be found. This movie was so bad, I actually had to break down why this movie didn't work.

1 comment: