Monday, February 15, 2016

Deadpool

Source
Deadpool was the movie I was looking forward to the most for this year. It makes me so happy to say that this movie delivered exactly what I wanted. Deadpool is absolutely hilarious, and incredibly violent. The sense of humor is vulgar, disgusting and crass (as it should be). Overall, the acting is pretty damn solid. I’ll admit that I don’t necessarily think Ed Skrein and Gina Carano are the greatest actors in the world, but they work well in their villainous roles. T.J. Miller and Leslie Uggams both make for good comic relief. But, the actor who works best in the movie is Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, no real surprise there. Reynolds as Deadpool is one of those casting choices that is utterly perfect, like Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark for example. I honestly like the way they are able to tell the origin story in the movie, and I even don’t mind the use of the origin story here, because as much as I love Deadpool, and I absolutely understand that he is a fan favorite among several of us comic fans, I don’t know if I’d put him on the same level as, say, Spider-man, Batman, or Superman. I absolutely loved this movie, but I do have to warn people that this is not a kids’ movie (as if the R rating wasn’t already a warning), so I recommend parents and children watch at their own discretion. Everyone else, don't even think about it and go watch this!


10 / 10   

2 comments:

  1. Deapool.. absolutely an awesome movie that i can watch over and over and over.. its hilarious and love the cheezy way of taking a jab at everyone and themselves. Ryan was a good choice for Deadpool cant wait for part 2.

    ReplyDelete