Friday, February 19, 2016

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Source
Let me start off by saying this, I never read the book this movie was based. In a way, I’m kind of glad, mostly because I was able to view the movie without any real preconceived notions or hopes with what to expect. So, no, I can’t really say for sure whether or not this is a faithful adaptation. One of the first things I want to address is something I have fixed feelings about, the way they showed a couple of the violent moments near the beginning of the movie. On the one hand, the point of view shots that are seen through the zombies’ eyes are kind of cool, and not something they typically show. On the other hand, the violence feels a bit toned down, and I almost wonder if this movie would have been better suited with an R rating, mostly because while it isn’t impossible to make a PG-13 zombie movie work, it also isn’t easy. To me, it works better in the zombie point of view shots. It bugs me a little more when they’re showing the third person viewpoints thanks to the minimal blood. I do have a lot to compliment too. The cast is pretty solid. Though I will point out that I find Matt Smith, Charles Dance, and Lena Headey to have been underused. Some of the zombie attacks are actually entertaining even though I personally do think they could’ve benefitted from adding more blood. Everything in between was a little slow for my taste, though not necessarily bad. 


7 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment