Friday, February 12, 2016

Norm of the North

Source
Norm of the North was released theatrically, so I'm sure that the quality of an animated movie about a twerking polar bear will reflect that. Oh, right. The movie's animation quality is complete and utter dogshit. Rob Schneider voices the main character, and I'm sure he's happy just to be getting work. This is easily one of the worst animated movies I have ever seen (admittedly I haven't seen all of Foodfight or those animated movies about the Titanic). The story is lazily and cheaply put together to make a quick buck, hence the whole hammered in environmental message. The voice acting and dubbing are equally poor. "You can't win an oscar for a commercial, but as long as it can sell condos we've done our job." a company marketing director voiced by Heather Graham says with the flattest, most soulless delivery possible. At points, the dubbing appears to be out of sync. This is also a movie designed specifically for children, so why are there so many references that children couldn't possibly understand, such as puberty jokes and a reference to Pretty in Pink. Besides that, part of the clear sign that writers of this movie clearly didn't care was the fact that Rob Schneider's Norm could speak human, but all the animals are understood in English. However, the difference is never explained, leaving one of the many gaping plot holes that make no sense. Objectively, there is no real redeeming quality to this movie, but if I had to give the movie the faintest leeway, I'll say this, it didn't really piss me off, mostly because I was expecting something truly awful.

0 / 10  

1 comment:

  1. LOL Tell me how you really feel. Glad I had no interest in this from the get-go.

    ReplyDelete