Saturday, May 16, 2015

Mad Max: Fury Road

Image Source
Mad Max: Fury Road is a non-stop thrill ride. The movie's main goal is to pretty much be one giant action sequence, and succeeds like a champ. Mel Gibson leaves a tall shadow to overcome, and Tom Hardy steps into the role Max Rockatansky with apparent ease. Charlize Theron is excellent in the movie as Furiosa. Nicolas Hoult stood out the most to me as far as performances go, considering how unrecognizable he was. I've seen the guy's acting chops in the past, but here you wouldn't know it was him I absolutely loved this movie, and this coming from someone whose real experience with Mad Max is pretty much Road Warrior and this movie. As awesome as Road Warrior was, I think I might like this one a little more. Fury Road is pure insanity in the absolute best way possible. I can absolutely appreciate the use of practical effects over CGI. George Miller writes and directs the movie so well, he understands that downtime and character development do need to be sprinkled throughout the movie. Fortunately, my interest didn't wane once. Something I would also like give George Miller props for is that he really seems to understand the meaning of "Show, don't tell." It might be a bold statement, but I think Fury Road might just be my favorite movie of the year so far. It is pure insanity and brutality in the absolute best way I could have possibly imagined.

10 / 10   

No comments:

Post a Comment