Saturday, May 30, 2015

Tomorrowland

Image Source
As I sat in the theater watching this movie, I couldn't help but feel like this was the Steven Spielberg movie from the 1980s that Spielberg never made, and I mean that with the highest compliment possible. Brad Bird does a fantastic job directing the movie. The overall mystery and intrigue leading up to Tomorrowland is incredibly handled in my opinion. The acting is also great. Britt Robertson is awesome in the movie, especially because she has to shoulder a good chunk of the movie, but she is also able to hold her own against a powerhouse actor like George Clooney. Actress Raffey Cassidy is a newcomer I think people should watch for because she is great in this movie. In terms of flaws, I really only have one. There are points for me where this movie does drag a little. It doesn't really prevent me from enjoying the movie, but it does knock it down a point. In spite of a couple of pacing issues, I think this is a movie that is worth checking out.

 9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment