Friday, May 8, 2015

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)

Image Source
With the rough-around-the-edges prequels out of the way, now I want to talk about the far superior, near-perfect original trilogy. A New Hope is my second favorite movie in the Star Wars saga. There's a sense of fun in the movie. Darth Vader has this very epic entrance within the first ten minutes of the movie. The lightsaber battles may seem out-dated now, but they were great for the time this movie came out. I like the way they take the character of Luke Skywalker through the hero's journey, even though I'm not the biggest fan of the Luke character. The visuals are great and for the most part, hold up to this day. Han Solo is the essential anti-hero of the Star Wars saga, and for good reason. If it's still a surprise I love the hell out of this movie at this point, I don't know what to say to that. In my opinion, A New Hope is still an excellent movie all around, and there's only one rating I can give to this movie, even if I do love Empire just a little bit more.

10 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment