Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

image source
Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers takes place ten years after the events of the first two films (Halloween III is its own separate thing). Michael returns to Haddonfield after lying dormant for a decade, and begins hunting his young niece, Jamie Lloyd (played by Danielle Harris). Naurally, Michael himself is being hunted by Dr. Loomis (played by Donald Pleasance). Halloween 4 is one of the more difficult movies in the franchise for me to talk about. It's not an awful movie by any means. I actually genuinely enjoy it. However, I also can't say I particularly love it either. I legitimately love the performances by Donald Pleasance and Danielle Harris. I also want to give props to Ellie Cornell as Rachel. The film actually does a solid job with the relationship between Rachel and Jamie as foster sisters Some of the kills can be pretty fun. One of the earliest kills involves Michael Myers sticking his thumb into a man's forehead. The rest of the cast falls more into category of just being forgettable. Nobody in this film is really that bad. They just don't stick out as really being that memorable. It might seem like a nitpick, but I don't really like Micheal's mask in this movie. It sticks out to me as looking too white, almost to a point where I think it looks kind of cheap. As a fan of the Halloween franchise, I quite enjoy this film. It's not one of my personal favorites in the series, but it is definitely the best of the thorn trilogy. 

6 / 10  

No comments:

Post a Comment