Thursday, October 22, 2015

Memento (2000)

Image Source
Memento is probably one of the most uniquely-filmed movies ever made (and that I have ever seen). This is the movie that really launched Christopher Nolan onto screen in a very big way. I really have to admire the use of storytelling that Christopher and Johnathon Nolan used to get the point across. There are two portions of the film. The smaller black and white portion plays out in chronological order, while the larger colored portion plays out in reverse. For those who have seen the movie and don't know the story, Memento is about a man who is unable to create short-term memories that is searching for his wife's killer, while you never really know what the main character's level of reliability really is. As far as I'm concerned, the character of Leonard Shelby remains Guy Pearce's best performance. The supporting cast includes Joe Pantoliano and Carrie-Ann Moss, and they do a great job. However, I do feel this is Guy Pearce's movie. The man steals the show. The movie's ending is, in my opinion, one of the absolute best I have ever seen. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it. This movie definitely gets a recommendation from me, and it is one of my absolute favorites.

10 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment