Thursday, December 14, 2017

Top 15 Most Anticipated Movies of 2018

Honorable Mentions:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Super Troopers 2, Mission: Impossible 6, Creed 2, Soldado, Ant-Man and the Wasp

This year, I struggled to keep it to just ten movies I can't wait for, so I bumped it up to 15.

#15: Solo: A Star Wars Story: Of all the ideas to come out of the new crop of Star Wars movies, this one interests me, but not on the level that Force Awakens, Rogue One, and The Last Jedi interested me.

#14: Jungle Book: I don't know much about this movie except it's an adaptation of The Jungle Book and it's going to be directed by Andy Serkis. I'm very curious to see what the man is capable of behind the camera

#13: Venom: This movie is going to be Sony's launching point for their own cinematic universe. Supposedly, the idea will be based of the Lethal Protector story arc. Venom will have made a deal with Spider-Man not to hurt anyone and moves to San Francisco to carve out a new identity. The idea of building a cinematic universe around Venom does worry me a little bit. However, I do think Tom Hardy is a good choice for Eddie Brock, and the rumors that Carnage will be the main villain of the movie have me intrigued.

#12: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindlewald: I will always welcome more from this universe. I have it fairly low on the list because I'm not that sure how I feel about Johnny Depp yet. He's only in the first movie for about ten seconds. Hopefully, the director can rein him in, but we'll just have to wait and see.

#11: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: A animated Spider-Man movie? OK. One that introduces Miles Morales and the Spider-Verse? Yes, please.



#10: Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2: I loved the first Wreck-It Ralph so much, and I am incredibly curious to see what Ralph and his friends going through the internet is going to look like.

#9: X-Men: Dark Phoenix: So, the last time they attempted the Dark Phoenix saga, it didn't go very well. I am anticipating this one because I am hoping beyond hope that this is going to try and fix the problems of the last attempt.

#8: Ready Player One: I didn't know just how much I was going to anticipate this movie until I saw the trailer. This looks like it could be one of the coolest experiences ever, and maybe one of Steven Spielberg's best movies in a long time.



#7: The New Mutants: The New Mutants is another movie in the X-Men franchise following Deadpool and Logan that looks like it's going to take a risk. The cast is something that excites me, including Maisie Williams from Game of Thrones, Anya Taylor-Joy, and Charlie Heaton from Stranger Things. What I've heard is that is going to be a horror movie more than anything.

The New Mutants Trailer

#6: The Predator: It's a new Predator movie, and I've enjoyed all of them. Yes, that includes the two Alien vs. Predator movies. Naturally, I'm excited for this movie. 

#5: Deadpool 2: The movie is being directed by David Leitch of John Wick and Atomic Blonde this time instead of Tim Miller. What really has me sold that this sequel is still in good hands is the marketing campaign. There is literally a trailer where Deadpool is dressed up like Bob Ross for no apparent reason, but that's the kind of thing that gets me excited. It feels like Deadpool.



#4: Halloween: I've made it no secret that I love me some slasher movies. This movie is going to do something similar to what Halloween H20 did when that movie came out. It's bringing back Jamie Lee Curtis and ignoring everything except for John Carpenter's original. Danny McBride and David Gordon Green are handling the behind the scenes stuff. Yes, they are mainly known for comedies. This movie has John Carpenter's blessing, though, and both have said they are legit horror fans (and that includes the original Halloween).

#3: Incredibles 2: Of all the Pixar movies, The Incredibles is the one that I wanted to see a sequel to the most. Finally, after nearly fifteen years, a sequel is happening. I don't know what exactly is going to happen with the plot, but Pixar has made good sequels (that aren't Cars) to their movies in the past, so I do have faith in this.



#2: Black Panther: Last year, Wonder Woman was the first movie in the DC Cinematic Universe to focus on a female hero. Black Panther will be the first movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to focus on a black superhero. Chadwick Boseman carried his own in Civil War, and I can't wait to see what he does in his own movie. Throw in the director of Creed and you've got what looks like it could be another big win for Marvel Studios.



#1: Avengers: Infinity War: This is that movie Marvel has been building up to for almost ten years. Every still living hero (and almost every still living villain) we've seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe up to this point will be in this movie. Is there a chance it could be overstuffed? Maybe. But, here's the thing. The Russo Brothers proved that with Captain America: Civil War, they could make a movie with a ton of characters and keep the focus where it needed to be, so I have faith in this movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment