Sunday, December 27, 2015

Spotlight

Image Source
In Spotlight, Michael Keaton, Mark Ruffalo, Rachel McAdams, Liev Schreiber, John Slattery, and Brian d’Arcy James play investigative reporters who stumble upon the cover up of Catholic priests sexually abusing young boys. I do have to compliment the movie’s writer-director Tom McCarthy seems to work magic by making these people feel real, fleshing them out, and giving them depth. For the most part, this movie is uncompromising. It doesn’t really pull any punches when it looks at the topic in question. The actors are all really good in the movie, even Rachel McAdams, who I will admit I’m not the biggest fan of. and they all have great chemistry together. I believe that all of these people are good friends and a genuine team. The one real flaw that I have is in the pacing. I don’t have an issue with the fact that the pace is slower. The only problem I have is that for me, at points, the slower pace does cause the movie to drag a little bit. Everything else is really able to come together to make an overall great film that I think is actually worth checking out, though this will probably be a solid one-and-done movie for me. 


8 / 10    

No comments:

Post a Comment